Frequently asked questions
What makes you different from the pet store training classes?
We specialize solely in dog behavior and training. All of our Instructors have extensive educational backgrounds in canine behavior, are Certified Professional Dog Trainers through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) and have been teaching dogs and their people collectively for many decades. Read about our Instructors here.
Do you offer a service where you'll take my pup or dog for a period of time and train him/her for me?
This type of service is usually referred to as "board and train" or "boot camp", and no, we do not. We do offer in-home training and behavior consultation services, to teach you how to teach your dog, but we do not take the dog from you, nor do we do the training for you.
**We want to caution anyone considering sending their dog away for training, that we are NOT aware of any such services available in our area except places that use harsh methods e.g. prong/choke/shock collars.
Do you offer in-home help?
* The fee for an in-home training appointment is $125.00 per hour for appointments scheduled during a weekday.
* Note: If you live more than 10 miles one-way from our Troy facility, mileage and drive-time charges may apply
* A customized written summary of your consultation and behavior change plan is available to you for an additional fee of $125.00 over and above the private consultation fee. If opted for, this will be provided to you via email, the next business day following your appointment.
* If you do not choose the customized written summary option, general training guidelines and information will be provided to you via email the next business day following your appointment. You are strongly encouraged to take thorough notes during your consultation appointment.
* Email and phone follow-up with your consultant is provided for 6 weeks after your appointment, at no charge.
* Payment is due at the end of each session/s. Check, cash, or Visa/MC/Discover cards accepted.
What areas do you cover for private in-home training services?
Most of Oakland County and parts of Macomb County. **Note; If you live more that 10 miles one-way from our facility, mileage & drive time charges may apply.
I live outside of your service area. Can you help me locate an experienced positive reinforcement training professional in my area?
How can I be sure I'm choosing a truly qualified behavior professional to help me and my dog? I've heard terrible stories!